Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Attempts at Watercolor

I know I told myself that I should not start another hobby but I don't know... I just can't help it.

Here are my first attempts at watercolor. 


Have I ever confessed about being a frustrated artist? Haha now I just did. If I knew how to draw or paint as a kid and maybe if I didn't go to a high school with a special science curriculum, I probably would have applied to the College of Fine Arts. (Not to say that I regret being in the College of Engineering; I love engineering!)

I still need to read a lot of stuff, to watch a lot of tutorial videos and tons of practice. Darn, I dunno how to do that when classes resume.

2 comments:

  1. Claire, you are such an artist (drop the "frustrated")!!! These are beautiful. And your love for crafts, postcards, trinkets, DIYs, baking, and all other art bits are just amazing to know co-exists within a hardcore engineer and engineering teacher you!

    And I love love what you did with your planner, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Ghoent, that feels inspiring! :) Na-realize ko, baka nako-compare ko lang yung gawa ko sa mga gawa ng kilala kong taga-Fine Arts eh hindi naman dapat i-compare dahil hobby ito for me and not a profession. :D Thank you ulit! ^_^

      Delete