Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas and Cake

This year, I decided to make red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for Christmas. It was my first time and I used the recipe from Joy of Baking. Here's how it turned out!


My mistake was not cooling the frosting first before applying. I thought that the frosting was stiff enough but I was wrong. The flowers ended up having little form but I guess it's pretty tolerable. I'll just do better next time.

Right before noche buena, I decided to add some green swirls using the excess frosting to make the cake look more Christmas-y.


It was tasty and not too sweet and my family loved it! I also love how this cake is so easy to slice (it's a chore, okay?) Making this cake wasn't exactly easy but I guess it was all worth it. :)


Here's what I wore to Christmas mass: my favorite cardigan from Space, a sequined dress also from Space, and my new Aerosoles heels.


Cheers! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment