Sunday, December 30, 2012

An Afternoon in Little Tokyo

I've been meaning to go to Little Tokyo for the longest time and finally, today, I had lunch there with some high school friends. [Pardon my photos, I forgot to bring my camera.]

I took this while we were going out.

Here is the nice walkway that leads to the shops inside.


I went inside to wait for the guys and the place was almost empty. There weren't many people even if it was Saturday (but maybe it's because of the holidays).

The place is beautiful and is actually very reminiscent of Asakusa in Tokyo.


We ate at Hana Restaurant because I've heard a lot of good reviews about the place.


Here's how Hana looks inside. There's a bar area, three normal dining tables and one Japanese-style  table (a low table on an elevated area) at the back.


I ordered a yakisoba.

Yakisoba (PhP220)

I also ordered takoyaki.

Takoyaki (PhP120 for six pieces)

I also ordered melon kakigori (shaved ice with flavored syrup, a typical summer treat in Japan). It's very basic (I mean, as I mentioned, it's just ice and syrup) but I wanted to try it at least once. However, after ordering, I suddenly remembered that I have actually had melon kakigori before in Sweets Paradise in Tokyo! (I think I forgot about it because I ate a lot of dessert in Sweets Paradise haha.)

Kakigori (PhP70)  + PhP10 for milk

Hana isn't exactly the most affordable place (our bill totaled PhP1,130 and there were only three of us although we actually had a lot of food) but I don't regret going because it was a great experience and the food was good!

Anyway, Eric also shared with us some green tea cheesecake made by Gregory Guy (pronounce "Guy" as "Gi"). It was pretty expensive (PhP550 for a six-inch cheesecake) but it was really really good and creamy!


And here are the guys. (Yeah, it was everyone's first time in Little Tokyo so we were all fascinated by the place hence all the photo-taking.) Some people were not able make it (due to work, due to vacation) but I'm still glad that we were able to hang out.

These people, like me, love to travel.

After lunch, Eric handed me the postcard set that he bought for me during his Taiwan trip last November. I'll write about that in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment