Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy-logue 05-22-12

Things that make me happy recently:

1. Eating at Bellini's and then watching The Cabin in the Woods with my high school classmates

Last time I went to Bellini's was around 3 years ago, during an orgmate's birthday party. I was totally amused with their interiors: murals, violins, wine. The place is very Italian (well, afterall, it's owned by an Italian man) and the food is great too! However, after eating there last weekend, I think I'll give my wallet some rest. The prices are a little too steep so I spent more than what I thought I would considering the small amount of food I consumed. But then, I'd give it a slack because I rarely see my high school classmates. Also, I forgot my camera so I don't have photos.

And then from Cubao X, my classmate drove to Megamall so we could watch The Cabin in the Woods. It took us two hours to get to Megamall!! Can you imagine that traffic? I thought we weren't going to make it. We were a little late for the screening (because we still bought popcorn) but at least we made it. 

The name "Josh Whedon" should ring a bell. The Avengers!

I honestly do not like horror movies. I've only watched two horror movies my entire life. However, my motivation to watch The Cabin in the Woods was (1) Chris Hemsworth a.k.a. Thor (lame, I know, but at least I'm telling the truth) and (2) one of my orgmates said it's the best horror movie ever.

And it did not disappoint! It was definitely worth the money. I think that the movie targets horror fans but I enjoyed it, nevertheless. About halfway through, I wanted to chicken out (as I said, I don't really like horror stuff) but it I'm glad I didn't! I think it's a different kind of horror movie and although it made me scream a number of times, I don't think it's the scariest movie of all. This one is fast-paced and I felt like it has more depth to its story. And I guess those are the reasons why I like the movie

However, don't be fooled by the marketing. Chris Hemsworth may be one of the protagonists but I wouldn't say that he's the main protagonist. But in any case, it's still a great movie!


2. Spontaneous dinner at Friuli with my college friends

Friuli is a small restaurant in Maginhawa Street. They serve pizza, pasta and desserts. I've been there a few times but never got around to blogging about it. (Yes, they have good food.) Yesterday, I was drenched in the rain because I walked around a kilometer in raging rains just to get to Friuli. But I'm still glad that I was able to meet my friends. We used to dine a lot in Maginhawa Street before everyone got busy with their jobs (and one with law school). We were far from complete yesterday but that spontaneous dinner was definitely nostalgic. I still wish we could do that more often. :(


3. Not getting pimples these days.

Most probably because (1) I don't get as much stress and (2) I don't wear makeup this summer because of the heat. Meh, but I guess when school starts, my face's happy days will be over. :( Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment