Saturday, November 3, 2012

Organizing Beach Keepsakes

Admit it. When you go on a trip to the beach, you can't help gathering some sand, stones, dead shells and dead corals.

Until a while ago, my beach keepsakes are either lumped together in a bowl where my dad puts his beach keepsakes (and therefore lost with everyone and can no longer be identified) or stored in a plastic bag. Ack.

Today, I finally had time to buy some glass jars for them (at least for the ones stored in plastic).

Represent: Puerto Galera and Malcapuya Island
No Boracay because I got sick during the last day and forgot about gathering some keepsake. :(

I found the idea on Tumblr and Pinterest. I wish I had learned about this before I started college so that all the keepsakes from my field trips (I had a lot of field trips to the beach during college... don't ask me why, I just did.) got documented. But oh well, it's not yet too late. :) At least, now, I don't have random plastic bags with pebbles and whatnot inside my room. 

Maybe I should put cute labels inside the jars.

5 comments:

  1. That's a very nice way to keep and display them! Good on ya for doing it! Which reminds me... My friend gave me a heart-shaped coral (yes! It was really heart-shaped, galing!) he found while we were walking around the windmills in Ilocos. I know it's in my room somewhere. I should find the motivation to finally organize it as I feel like I lost half of my stuff ever since I moved back to my parents' house -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, heart-shaped coral! That's really worth a keepsake. Good luck with organizing! I must admit, when it comes to cleaning/organizing... starting is the most challenging part haha :))

      Delete
    2. A photo of the heart-shaped coral can be found here: http://www.krissyfied.com/2010/03/weekend-that-stretched-to-forever.html :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! Imagine a cabinet full of glass jars/bottles keeping beach keepsakes safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been resisting the urge to have a glass cabinet customized as a mini-gallery for my memento! :))

      Delete