Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pros and Cons

PROS
  1. It's not an 8 to 5 job.
  2. There is more opportunity to take graduate studies and there are higher chances of getting scholarships abroad because of the network. But do I really want to take graduate studies?
  3. Compensation is good during the early years (well, compared to corporate).
  4. According to Wigi and to Prof. Ignacio, "madaling rumaket".
  5. There's sembreak, Christmas break and probably even summer vacation (if ICE continues not to offer courses during the summer term).
  6. Prof. Castro once said during class, "The corporate ladder is made up of people. If you want to go up the ladder, you have to step on people... That's why I'm in the academe."
  7. I don't have to leave UP. Plus I can still hang out in Maginhawa Street. And the new ICE building (which is currently under construction) is along C.P. Garcia, very near Moonleaf. Err, I mean Maginhawa Street.



CONS
  1. It's not an 8-5 job. Will have to bring home work.
  2. I might be forced to take graduate studies and as I said, I'm not sure I want to pursue that.
  3. Compensation isn't that good during the later years (then again, I don't have to stay there forever if ever).
  4. I can't get out in just one or two years. What if I suddenly don't like it?
  5. I'm afraid I won't be able to raise enough capital to build that coffee-pastry-tea shop.
  6. I'm afraid I might not get married. Hahaha. I'm actually serious here! But Dr. Hernandez told me yesterday "Kung gusto mo pang makipag-date date, magturo ka." I LOL'd.

But actually, it's just a matter of wanting it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment