Thursday, April 10, 2014

Walking About Oslob Town

After our morning water adventures, we went back to Oslob New Village Lodge to rest. Unfortunately, there was no electricity when we got there so we could not sleep in our rooms. Instead, we stayed outdoors where there's lots of space and lots of fresh air despite the wild summer heat.

While everyone else was playing cards and whatnot, I decided to lie down on a bamboo sofa in one of the patios to read a book while occasionally trying to take a nap. It felt like the perfect weekend afternoon.

At around 4pm, when it got a bit cooler, we went walking around town. Luckily, the town plaza was nearby. At first, I didn't want to get up from my bamboo sofa but eventually, I'm glad I did. And these photos from my phone (silly me left the camera in our room) will show you why...

Cuartel, an unfinished military barracks






A beautiful view of Immaculate Concepcion Parish Church. I just sat on the grass to stare at it. 




Baluarte, an old watchtower made with coral stones


The good thing about the place is that there aren't much tourists. There were people but not much and they seemed like locals (for they didn't speak Tagalog and they didn't carry cameras lol).

I really wish we had such beautiful places in Manila. It would really be nice to lie down the grass while reading a good book or having a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment