Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DIY Cardboard Desk Organizer

For the longest time, I've been meaning to find a way to organize my desk in such a way that everything I need is within an arm's reach and that I don't have to dig though my things to get something. A couple of weeks ago, while browsing through Pinterest, I saw a some desk organizer ideas (here and here) and I knew I had to make my own to replace the plastic cups and ceramic mugs that have populated my desk for years.

IMG_2604

IMG_2602

IMG_2601

I salvaged some Swiss Miss boxes (they're pretty sturdy), cut them into parts and covered them with white paper. I picked out some washi tape to cover the exterior with and then I used leftover kraft wrapping paper with floral designs for the interior. Finally, I covered everything with two coats of ModPodge (I got a bottle from Deovir in SM North Edsa).

IMG_2609
my choice of washi tape: pastel colors, lace, florals and a map

Some photos in action. Of course I forgot to take a 'before' photo of my desk. And of course, I've no 'during' photos either. LOL.

IMG_2610

IMG_2611

I have to say I'm satisfied with how the project turned out. My desk looks more organized and prettier now. Plus, I didn't have to buy anything because all materials are either recycled or has been in my crafting stash ever since.

I hope to keep up the desk organizing. Right now, I'm thinking my next project shall either (1) fix my notebooks and paper stash or (2) fix my drawer and be inspired by this. One at a time, one at a time. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty way to organize your desk! My desk in the office is so chaotic, and let's not even go to my desk at home. :D I hope I can find the time to do something like this! But if I'm realistic I know that even having a desk organizer like this will not help the amount of "litter" on my desks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krissy! I totally get you. When I was a teacher, I didn't bother too much on organizing my desk... because it was impossible with all the supplies and papers haha!

      Delete
  2. oh my i haven't been here for the longest time your page looks really pretty, claire!!! :D and i want to comment on all your cebu trips hahaha i'll email you next time, will be asking for some suggestions for an upcoming cebu trip, if you don't mind :)

    and about this project, that bottom layer (map design) is washi tape? MYGHASH where'd you get it? Ganda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ghoent! And yay you're going to Cebu! Sure, I don't mind emails :D

      And yep, that map is washi tape! I bought it in Japan. Although baka meron sa Fully Booked (MT brand) medyo mahal nga lang pag tumitingin ako dun-- 1.5 to 2 times ng price sa Japan huhu. :(

      Delete