Sunday, January 5, 2014

Swayambunath Stupa

ABOUT SWAYAMBUNATH
Swayambunath is a Buddhist temple (stupa) in Kathmandu. It is one of the seven monumental zones that make up the Kathmandu Valley World Heritage Site. It is also called "Monkey Temple" because there are a lot of monkeys in the temple.

ENTRANCE FEE
The entrance fee for foreigners from non-SAARC countries is NPR200.

GOING THERE
We took a cab from Thamel and the same driver drove us back to our hostel for NPR700. I'm not sure if there are buses that go to Swayambunath.




Vajra
Kathmandu as seen from Swayambunath

That baby monkey suddenly crept up the balcony where I was leaning... I was so surprised!


My last sunset in Nepal

Now, this concludes my series of posts regarding my trip to Nepal last April-May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment