Saturday, January 4, 2014

Playing with Pastry Tips

During the last company Christmas party, I received a cake carrier and a set of pastry tips from the exchange gift-giving. Needless to say, I spent the holidays playing with my new toys.

This is the cake I made for New Year's Eve: red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I used a star tip to pipe big and small rosettes.


Today is my younger brother's birthday so I made him chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake says "Happy BEARday" because we fondly call my younger brother "bear".


I have to admit, though, that I need more practice in cake-decorating so let's see about that in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. deym! i wanted some red velvet for NYE also so we bought red velvet cupcakes. and here you are making your own cakes! claire your cafe better be up within some solid time frame hahahaha #pressure

    the rosettes aren't bad at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super awesome, what a great and useful gift! And I wish I can bake my own cakes, too!

    ReplyDelete