Saturday, July 27, 2013

Foggy Day in Ngong Ping Village

Our third day in Hong Kong was a rainy day once again. From Tsim Sha Tsui, we took the train to Tung Chung (where Citygate outlets is located) and then took Bus23 that brought us to Ngong Ping Village. This is the part in which I'm thankful that I paid attention to our commuting around Hong Kong four years ago and so I was able to remember where the bus terminal in Tung Chung is located.

A view of the beach from the bus seat


We went up those stairs...


...until we finally reached the Tian Tan Buddha-- the world's biggest outdoor Buddha statue. It was really foggy that day.

Hello again! I remember, it was also raining when I visited this place four years ago.

After taking photos and reading the stories about Buddha, we went down and headed to the Po Lin Monastery.

Going to Po Lin Monastery

We were able to explore Po Lin Monastery before. Nowadays, however, it seems that a lot of the areas are no long open to visitors.

I like Po Lin Monastery because it's SO FULL of flowers!

Something that caught my attention: a temple in construction. "so that's how they're constructed"


We headed to Ngong Ping Village for lunch. Now, Ngong Ping Village is a place that I haven't been to before.

Creepy. Silent Hill, anyone?


Despite the name, it's not really a village where people settle. It's actually a modern tourist-y area filled with shops and restaurants.


The (artificial?) Bodhi tree at Ngong Ping Village

At the other end of Ngong Ping village is the Ngong Ping 360 (cable car) terminal. I had wanted to ride the cable car back to Tung Chung but unfortunately, my mom and my aunt are totally scared of riding plus it was really foggy and it's not exactly nice to pay a hefty HKD94 if there's nothing much to see. I remember my Maokong Gondola (another cable car) ride in Taipei last January 2012. It was also foggy and rainy though that only cost me NTD50 (or PhP75) one-way so that wasn't such a pain in the pocket.

Anyway, we went back to Tung Chung by Bus 23 again. I did a little shopping at Citygate (just a nice tribal-print top) and then headed to The Peak (blog post up next!)

No comments:

Post a Comment