Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Crafty Weekend

Since it was Pi Day (3.14) last Saturday and we had lemons in the fridge, I made a lemon meringue pie with oatmeal-graham crust. I say it turned out pretty well, especially for a first time!


In the afternoon, after kendo training, I went to Cubao to buy materials for a padded shinai bag I've been meaning to sew. I was really tired when I got home but I was so excited to make the new shinai bag so I did.


It took me five hours to finish. I found it difficult sewing with thick padding and I must have abused my sewing machine. The bag looks a little bulky because I bought the thickest padding available. Nevertheless, it's so nice to look at and I love it. I love the adjustable strap as well!

The next day, Sunday, I was resolved on getting rest. However, I could not resist not using the leftover fabric because the amount was just perfect for a knee-length skirt and of course I want a new skirt!


Gathered in front, garterized at the back and has ribbons on the side that can be tied at the back. It probably would have been nicer if I used a wider waistband haha but no regrets!

I'm pretty excited to wear it to class this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment