Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Baked Buffalo Cauliflower

Here is a healthier take on buffalo wings (because come on, who doesn't like buffalo wings?): BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER! This is the recipe I used but here are some of my notes on the recipe: 
  • I was left with quite a lot of batter (what a waste) so perhaps you can decrease the flour and milk to 3/4 cups. By the way, I used whole milk and all-purpose flour.
  • 1 cup of buffalo sauce was too much for me too. 1/2 cup sufficed.
  • I didn't have garlic powder and I ran out of garlic too so I omitted that.
  • I made homemade buffalo sauce by whisking together equal parts of sriracha and melted butter. Any kind of hot sauce should work but also be sure to adjust the hot sauce-to-butter ratio depending on your tolerance and on your hot sauce.
  • I baked the battered cauliflower for 20 minutes and then another 10 minutes with the buffalo sauce. My cauliflower turned out mushy which I really like because I'm not into crunchy vegetables so decrease baking time if you want crunchy veggies 
I ate half of it for lunch with some beef and rice while I had the other half for afternoon snack. It's really good, I swear! Now, I'm thinking of other things that I can bake or cook with homemade buffalo sauce and since I still have a lot of potatoes, maybe I'll try potato wedges this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment