Thursday, July 3, 2014

Savory and Sweet

Just a couple things I made in the kitchen recently.

These are meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting. I've been meaning to make this for the longest time since I saw the recipe on Pinterest. 


I usually find myself looking for ingredients that we don't commonly have here in the Philippines (and are obviously more expensive), like strawberries, blueberries, almonds, peaches, matcha, etc. However, I realized, why not use local ingredients and local produce instead? I mean, they're pretty good anyway. I've managed to make some tablea brownies and tablea cheesecake recently with tablea I got from Cebu. Maybe next time I'll try baking with ube and perhaps durian if I manage to get my hands on some. (And yes, I like durian lol.)

Also, since it's mango season right now, I decided that I will use mangoes for my baking. Here's a mango cheesecake that I made for my co-worker's birthday. I made something similar for Father's Day too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment