Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Baking with Yogurt

Yogurt is quite expensive here in the Philippines and to be honest, I wouldn't even think about using it for baking if I weren't making my own yogurt at home. (And in case you're curious, it's super easy to make yogurt! I use this recipe.)

This is a mango-cinnamon yogurt cake. I was lucky that on my way home last Saturday night, I saw a fruit stall packing up for closing and managed to buy the last of their mangoes. Yay! I think mangoes are starting to go out of season as I haven't been seeing a lot of them in fruit stalls anymore. I guess my baking with mangoes will have to wait until next year lol.

I didn't know mangoes and cinnamon go well together!

This is a lemon yogurt cake. It was my first time zesting a lemon and I'm glad I learned how to. Next time I will try making this cake with the local calamansi (Philippine limes).


I haven't figured the recipe I'd like to stick to just yet (I'll share when I do) but I enjoyed baking cakes with yogurt because it's quick and the cakes end up super moist that they don't even require frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment