Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Juliet Club

If you've seen the movie Letters to Juliet with Amanda Seyfried, then you must know about The Secretaries of Juliet.

I'm not really a fan of chick flicks though I do like romantic stories every once in a while. However, I have a weakness for movies that are set in beautiful places (characters traveling or staying in an interesting city). Letters to Juliet is no exception because it's mainly set in Italy.

from Letters to Juliet

This movie is where I learned that in Verona, Italy, there's a place called Juliet's House where people would stick their letters (usually about love) addressed to Juliet to the walls. In the movie, all the letters are replied to by a team of ladies who call themselves the "Secretaries of Juliet". I was like, "OMG I WANT TO BE A SECRETARY OF JULIET!!!!" I mean, it must be a lot of work writing letters by hand to strangers sharing their love situations but how on earth would a snail mail-lovin' hopeless romantic *coughnotmecough* not want that?

from Letters to Juliet

Though, of course, I figured that's practically impossible to happen so I just settled with a goal of going to Verona someday, sticking my own letter (hopefully, by then, I can write something happy and interesting) to the walls of Juliet's house and wait for a reply from one of Juliet's secretaries.

from Letters to Juliet

Yesterday, however, for some weird reason, I felt like googling about Juliet's house and the existence of the "secretaries of Juliet" and I discovered The Juliet Club. I read that they have an internship program where you can join the said club in their activities. Now I don't know if being an intern would allow you to reply to one of the letters but joining the said club just sounds so amazing!!!

Someday, maybe? I have to work REALLY hard to get to Verona.

No comments:

Post a Comment