Sunday, March 2, 2014

Puffing and Toasting

This post's [unintentional] theme is French.

Today, I made cheddar gougères (French cheese puff pastry). It's my first time working with choux pastry (pâte à choux) and they turned out alright although I'm still in the process of experimenting with the baking time and the baking temperature that fits my oven. I used this recipe and substituted the gruyère with cheddar because I could not find gruyère cheese in the supermarket.

Next time I'm making cream puffs (one of my favorites). Watch out for it!


Recently, I got fond of making French toast for breakfast. However, this has to stop because it makes me consume too much carbs haha.


I'd end this post with a sentence in French but I seem to have forgotten most of what I learned back in high school probably displaced by the little Japanese that I learned in college?) Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment