Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ramen-Searching in Metro Manila

Ramen is something I really consider to be comfort food. During my previous trips to Japan, I've eaten ramen quite a number of times

Recently, ramen shops seem to be getting popular around Metro Manila. Years before, I couldn't even find any. However, the seemingly-authentic places are always inaccessible and/or faraway from where I live.

Now, the question is where to find not-so-expensive but authentic-tasting ramen that's not too far away?

Yesterday, I found my answer.

I was in SM North, on my way home and was thinking of a place to have lunch. I was craving for noodles. I thought ramen or Chinese wonton noodles with lots of chili sauce would be nice. Good thing I saw that Moshi Koshi ad and remembered that I needed to try that restaurant! One of my co-workers has been raving about how good it is.

I went there and ordered miso ramen (my fave!) While waiting for my order, I busied myself by reading the paper placemats. They're so informative and I love it!




My order arrived and on my first sip of the soup, I thought, "OMG THIS IS SO GOOD IT TASTES LIKE JAPAN. THIS SOUP TASTES LIKE THE TSUKEMEN SAUCE I HAD IN THAT RAMEN SHOP NEAR TODAI KOMABA (The University of Tokyo Komaba Campus)." Yes, I was screaming inside haha.


Miso ramen: it has a slice of pork, bamboo shoots, greens, a piece of nori and a slice of naruto. It was really good.

I cannot wait to go back and try shoyu ramen and the other things on their menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment