Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Direct Hit to the Heart

To be honest, I didn't want to write this down my blog because I don't want bad vibes or emo things here. But then the purpose of this blog is memory storage. If I don't write this down, I might forget this. Not that I don't want to forget bad things that happened (I'd choose to have selective amnesia if I could) but I don't want to forget the lessons that came with them. Maybe in a few months or years I'll look back, read this and laugh at myself.

Got myself into heartbreaking things last week. But...

What's a direct hit to the heart when you've got friends to visit you in class and surprise you with your favorite milk tea?

What's a direct hit to the heart when you've got a friend who'll eat cake with you even if he has to travel half-across Metro Manila?

What's a direct hit to the heart when you've got friends to hug you like a stuffed toy?

What's a direct hit to the heart when you've got colleagues (who are like older brothers and fathers) to pray for you?

What's a direct hit to the heart when you've got family?

What's a direct hit to the heart when you can make jasmine Yakult at home? (Just steep some jasmine-flavored tea in boiling water, add some sugar, lots of ice and a bottle of Yakult. And maybe some milk if you want. It's totes awesome. Like sampaguita-flavored Yakult to be exact haha.)

I think it's obvious where I'm getting at. We always need to look at the brighter side of things. Focus more on the blessings, not the frustrations.

3 comments:

  1. sabi nga nila, the problems of today are the jokes of tomorrow. or something like that. =) go go go Claire! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things I've read recently <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing (or reading? lol) that from a writer like you makes me feel happy. (I'm not exactly confident with my writing hahaha) Thank you Krissy! :D

      Delete