Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mangoes in Season

I love mangoes. I love pie. Now that mangoes are in season, I can't get enough of making mango pies.

Below is a lattice-top mango pie that I made two weekends ago. It was my first time to make a lattice top and I think my lattice strips ended up a bit too wide but I guess it's not bad for a first time.



We had some leftover vanilla-mango-graham ice cream that time so hurray for mango pie a la mode!

I paired it with iced Vietnamese coffee one humid afternoon.

And just tonight, I was itching to make pie because we still have a lot of mangoes. Luckily, I had just enough flour and butter for a single pastry crust so I made this quick mango tart. I'm glad it still ended up flaky despite the hot and humid weather.


I think I'm starting to get the hang of pie-making. I've been making my pie crusts a lot quicker than I used to. I have another mango pie variation in my mind so hopefully I get to do that next weekend or the weekend after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment