Thursday, January 7, 2016

2015 Japan Trip Overview

Last year, I chanced upon PhP5000 (~USD108, super cheap!) round trip tickets from Manila to Sydney. I had mostly everything figured out-- I was going to Tasmania, then to Melbourne, and then to Sydney where a friend has already offered their couch. Sadly, my visa was denied and I spent AUD135 for that. The next day, I booked tickets to Japan on the same dates I was supposed to go to Australia. I bought an inbound flight to Nagoya and an outbound flight from Kansai, which cost me PhP7000 (~USD152),

One week after booking tickets and two months before my departure, I sustained injuries on my left leg and knee. Walking and taking the stairs became painful. I went to physical therapy. I still applied for a visa and bought a one-week JR pass. Good thing, three days before my departure, my doctor told me I can travel although I was advised not to overdo it.

Hida-Takayama, Gifu Prefecture

Kamikochi (a.k.a. the Japanese alps), Nagano Prefecture

Shirakawa-go, Gifu Prefecture

HOGWARTS!!!!

Himeji Castle, Hyogo Prefecture

Itsukushima Shirne in Miyajima, Hiroshima Prefecture

Peace Memorial Park, Hiroshima Prefecture

Kintai-kyo Bridge in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Prefecture

Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto

deer in Nara Prefecture

Yep, I did manage all those places/cities in 10 days! A bit of planning and a JR Pass, I suppose, made it possible. To be honest, I was scared about traveling alone with my injuries. Thankfully, I was not hindered from going to places I wanted to visit. Although I had to trim down my itinerary a little, it wasn't so bad because I was able to relax during the trip. More details about my trip in the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment