Monday, December 14, 2015

Cake!

I've been away from blogging for months, I don't know where to pick up again! Life has been getting in the way and I will tell more about it in the next posts. Meanwhile, let me share photos of the cakes I made during the few months I was gone from blogging.

I made red velvet cake for my birthday. (Ah, yes, I've been baking my own birthday cakes for years now.) I had some leftover white fondant so I cut them into cherry blossom shapes and put them on top of pink cream cheese frosting.


This is a Japanese cheesecake (also called 'souffle cheesecake' or 'cotton cheesecake') that I made for my dad's birthday. It's a lot more fluffier than the American version and that's the way I like my cheesecakes. I don't think I'll ever go back to making American cheesecakes, honestly.


Below is a basic sponge cake. I was only trying out the recipe that day so I served it bare, without any frosting. It was gone that same day.


Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting piped into roses. I've been raring to make this frosting flower design and they're not perfect but I'm glad they turned out quite well for a first time. 


I love ube! Below is an ube chiffon cake with ube buttercream. I didn't use any artificial food flavour or colour because my mom is not allowed those. The ube flavour, as well as the colour, is much more muted than the commercially-available ube cakes but my parents loved it.


Yes, I love cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment