Sunday, January 9, 2011

Books and Crafts

I got myself two new books last Friday (I wasn't feeling very well to attend fin swimming class so I went to school late and dropped by SM first).

I told myself before school started that I'm going to save money and that I'm not going to learn new hobbies until I become a bit better on my other hobbies (jewelry-making, cooking, baking, crocheting, hat and headband-making, etc) but I still bought the book on knitting.

Well, they were cheap enough for me to actually spend on them impulsively. Php90 each from Book Sale and you don't really get pretty books at that price. Also, I don't really mind buying books impulsively because I don't read books a lot (I only read textbooks for school, ugh).

Here's one of the scarves I've crocheted. Just a long, thin, white scarf that I can wear like a loose necktie while it's still cool here in Manila.

I'm currently making a piano-patterned sleeve for my little planner. I started it yesterday and it's almost finished. I just have to weave in the ends of the yarn (there's so much yarn-changing) and to stitch the sides together. I'll post a picture when it's done. And yeah, whatever happened to my supposedly thesis-making, laundry and room-cleaning yesterday. I was crocheting (and complaining about my burning lower back pain) almost the whole day. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment