Saturday, August 16, 2014

Salted Caramel Lovin'

Last week, I was in the mood for cupcakes so I made these chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. (I used parts of this Snickers cake recipe. I didn't copy everything. Basically, I just put in whatever I wanted.) I sprinkled them with some sliced almonds, chocolate chips and caramel drizzle. It's a bit too sweet but I think the caramel buttercream frosting went really well with the chocolate cupcake.


Today, I wanted to use the leftover salted caramel from last week and also to take my no-longer-new-but-still-unused pie plate out for a spin. I made this banoffee pie with oat flour crust and Swiss meringue buttercream topping. Here's a recipe I posted two years ago. I still use pretty much the same recipe although I used a different topping this time. 


Baking during the weekends has been really stress-relieving for me. Although I think I might have to pull back a little on baking because everyone here at home has been gaining weight. (Yes, that includes me huhu.)

No comments:

Post a Comment