Friday, July 12, 2013

Back to Hong Kong

My first time going to Hong Kong was in 2009. It was my first trip out of the country (heck, out of Luzon even) and I always said I'd go back there. 

Honestly, though, I didn't think I'd go back after just four years. *laughs*

It wasn't exactly part of my travel plans for this year. It's just that my aunt and uncle, who are based in America were on vacation in the Philippines, wanted to go to Hong Kong and wanted someone to accompany them. My mom and I went. I did the itinerary and all. It was May and it was a good escape from the unbearable Manila heat.

Tsing Ma bridge (taken during the bus ride from the airport to the hotel)

I reserved a room at Hao's Inn (located in Tsim Sha Tsui). It's pretty cheap for HK standards. The rooms are small (which is the norm in HK) but the place is immaculately clean (the housekeeper is Filipina, by the way). There's a water dispenser at the common area which saved us a lot of money as bottled water is quite expensive in HK (well, I'd say everything's expensive in HK). Oh, the staff are very nice too!

The first day was "chill day". My aunt and uncle aren't exactly the "travelling type" so I had to relax our itinerary. We basically just went around TST and to the Avenue of the Stars.

Mom and I at the Avenue of the Stars

This shot would have been better if the skies were clear.

We had dimsum and noodles for dinner at the foodcourt in Sogo Mall near the Avenue of the Stars. Seriously, food is like one of my favorite things about Hong Kong. 

At 8pm, we went back to the Avenue of the Stars to watch the Symphony of Lights which, unfortunately, underwhelmed me. Maybe it was the bad weather or maybe it's because it's no longer my first time to watch the show.


It felt good to go back to HK, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment