Saturday, September 3, 2011

Baking Food and Not Tasting Them

The long weekend was indeed a blessing to me who doesn't actually have weekends. My next weekend will happen around October so I made sure to make the most of Monday and Tuesday.

The dates and walnuts inside the ref...


...were turned into these:

Date and Walnut Bars (which come by the nickname Food for the Gods)

We also have a super huge box of oatmeal and a tub of raisins...


...and I used them to make these:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I wasn't able to taste them even a bit because of my dental splint. But it's very rare nowadays that I get the chance to bake so I just baked anyway. I made these last Tuesday afternoon but I think they're gone now.

Anyway, I've been able to speak with this splint although I'm having a hard time pronouncing "s", "sh", "ch" and "th" sometimes especially when they come together in one word. It's like I have candy inside my mouth whenever I talk. It's also difficult to smile for the camera. I also discovered last Monday (when my friends and I hanged out at Maginhawa Street) that I can actually chew food but only very soft food and slowly too. CAKE INCLUDED!! So I can actually try The Coffee Beanery's unlimited coffee and cake for Php150! It's not so bad after all!

By the way, here are my dragonfruit cacti. I noticed that they grow really fast! These were the cacti ELEVEN DAYS AGO. Look at them now!

Dragonfruit: September 2, 2011

Growing crazy fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment